Monday, October 20, 2008

Bioneers

This weekend I attended the Great Lakes Bioneers Conference in Traverse City, Michigan. Traverse City is one of the U.S. satellite sites for the main conference in California. There are plans to take Bioneers international soon. My friends set me up with a ticket and lodging as an exchange/gift. Special thanks to Seth & May, Sarna, and Buzz & Deb.

Bioneers is an umbrella for many groups and individuals working for positive social, political, and environmental change. The attendees tend to be a real mixed bag of nuts, but at least 99% are wonderful people. The event is a mix of classes, lectures, live performances, local organic food, and networking. It is an amazing opportunity to become exposed to a lot of material from the bleeding edge of the progressive movement, as well as many incredible people riding that edge.

I reconnected with some old friends, made some new ones (check out Lee Sprague at Clean Energy Now), and was able to help out a bit. The music was phenomenal as always, and there was even a concert Friday morning for 300 local schoolkids. Hopefully my networking will allow me to find meaningful and gainful local (or telecommuting) employment sometime soon, so I can continue being a 50% custodial parent.

[Neocons and their economic catastrophe =( ]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good time!

-Chris