Thursday, November 29, 2007

Welding in Cincinnati


I passed my welding test today, but with sleep deprivation and no food yesterday or yet today I wasn't certain how it would go. I begin work tomorrow morning at 6 a.m. Due to security measures around this project I will not be posting any photos of my work here. I don't know the hours per week for sure or the length of the project yet. Apparently these numbers and dates continually fluctuate, so I won't put much stock in the rumors until after something has already happened. If it looks secure enough I plan to get into an apartment and out of the hotel. Semper Gumby! (always flexible)

It is ridiculously hot work, so if anyone has nomex gloves and balaclava that they aren't using please let me know. (rollerblading style, hard knee and elbow pads as well) This is definitely going to be an adventure.

I'm seriously hungry, so that's it for now. I'm going to get some food, then perhaps a short nap. This photo is from Thanksgiving.

7 comments:

John said...

Hey Buddha! Cool blog, hope the job goes well. I see you have a link to Wilderness Awareness School. Have you checked out Kamana? I did Kamana 1 (Big deal I know). Even that little exposure was great.

We'll have to talk about it next time I see you.

John

Buddha said...

John,

I have researched Kamana and it seems like a solid program. I'm definitely interested in hearing about your experience with it.

Buddha

Chuck said...

Hi Buddha,

Congrats on passing the test! I'll keep my eyes and ears open for Nomex "stuff". We have rollerblading pads here. They'll probably fit you. I'll see if I can dig them out if you'd like. Shoot me an email if you're interested.

Semper Gumby Brother.

Chuck

Anonymous said...

congrats on passing, even while starving and exhausted. Note to Buddha:food is good, please try to remember that!!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Adam said...

here's a message from the kids:


Hi dada
We love you were having lots of fun at Adam's house how are you doing?We like your blog.Love Takeo and Akayla.

Buddha said...

Hey Crumbgobblers,

I am glad that you enjoyed the water park. Akayla, good job with the
swimming test. Takeo, I heard you enjoyed the whirlpool. I love you,
little silly people.

Dada