Saturday, December 8, 2007

Dream for President Bush


Dream for President Bush (excerpt) by Colleen Redman

I want President Bush to have a dream
like the one that Ebenezer Scrooge had
I want him to be visited by the ghosts of Iraqi children
who cry out, “But mankind was your business.”…

I want President Bush to be haunted
by the ghosts of our Founding Fathers
until he learns this lesson:
that killing civilians is a terrorist act
and pre-emptive strike is invasion…

If President Bush doesn’t have a real dream soon
he should step aside for those who do
He should impeach himself
and ask for forgiveness
for imposing his nightmare on the world…


(I found this on crooksandliars, title link) I want to make clear that while I fundamentally disagree with the international policies (domestic as well) of the current administration, I do support the troops (I spent 8 years as one). Most military people I've had contact with do their jobs with integrity and the best of intentions. We do need a strong and capable military, I only wish that their mission were very different. How about focusing on intervening in genocides, protecting aid shipments, and disaster relief.

No comments: